[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue May 13 22:12:05 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 09:11:45PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> I'm getting a little confused here.
>
> At one point you were saying yahoo wasn't even accepting your
> incoming mail (for sending to your/some recipients). [Test via
> sending to yourself?]

As soon as I hit send my mail client (mutt) would reject the message.
Thus, Yahoo! was refusing my mail.

> At other points you were saying your message was being rejected (by
> the recipient smtp server).

I may have been unclear. I was NOT getting bounceback messages (NDAs) in my
problem. Bob Jonkman was describing a different (but possibly related)
situation.

> Am I reading your failure message correctly - yahoo rejected the
> message coming from wpirg.org? Does that not mean that yahoo is
> reading wpirg.org's DKIM and things aren't matching?

Yahoo rejected the mail sent TO lists.wpirg.org . Yahoo may have been
looking at mail headers and seeing that there was a DKIM field, and
then looking at wpirg.org's DKIM in response.

> Which is inconsistent with the kwlug behaviour? [Now that you have
> had the wpirg.org dkim txt record removed, matching kwlug in having
> no dkim record?]

That is what should be happening, but it isn't. Instead of the dkim
element of the header saying there is no signature, it says there is a
permerror, similar to kwartzlab.ca . This is not what I expect, since
the TXT record appears to have been removed from wpirg.org .

I agree that I do not understand the behaviour now. But the malformed
TXT field seemed to have something to do with making Yahoo reject my

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org