[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 11 21:07:40 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> >If you do:
> >
> >$ dig txt wpirg.org
> >
> >You will see that it has a txt record with garbage in it. Just a
>
> quotation.
> >
> >This is perhaps why DKIM on Yahoo treats it differently than
>
> KWLUG
>
> That is one explanation. But this may not be sufficient.
> discuss at kwartzlab.ca has the same error in its headers, but it has
> something that does not look like garbage for its txt record:
>
> =====
> $ dig txt kwartzlab.ca
> kwartzlab.CA.           362     IN      TXT     "v=spf1 +a +mx
> +ip4:198.61.232.112 +include:ccjclearline.com ~all"
> ====

Yes, that is a valid SPF record. There is no DKIM there, but sometimes they
are only reported if you query the txt record for  mail._
domainkey.example.com.

Nonetheless I will send a message to ... somebody? ... and see whether we
> can get the .txt record fixed. (The people who will do the fixing may be on
> this mailing list, but I will not assume that.)

Send it to the person who is the technical contact for the domain.

I am speculating it might be DKIM because of the error that Yahoo Mail
reports back. This may or may not be the case.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.