[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 11 10:17:28 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Here is the offending header, from lists.wpirg.org (which is hosted by
> CCj/Clearline):

> domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=yahoo.ca; dkim=permerror (bad sig)
>
> It's the "dkim=permerror" that is causing the issue.
>
> Here is a message I sent to kwlug-disc (also hosted by CCj/Clearline):

> domainkeys=neutral (no sig);  from=yahoo.ca; dkim=neutral (no sig)

If you do:

$ dig txt wpirg.org

You will see that it has a txt record with garbage in it. Just a quotation.

This is perhaps why DKIM on Yahoo treats it differently than KWLUG

This is how a DKIM should look like (in test mode, but does work, and is
less strict than no test mode)

$ dig txt mail._domainkey.2bits.com

Note that it goes to a subdomain starting with the service (usually
"mail"), then _domainkey

There is a corresponding part on the server, by installing opendkim, and
generating a key.

Setting up DKIM is a huge pain, and therefore I recommend first that you
get the domain owners of wpirg.org to delete the txt record, then try after
DNS has propagated, and see if that solves the problem.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.