[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Sat May 10 18:37:09 EDT 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 04:38:38PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> So I am having troubles posting email from Mutt to a particular
> mailing list (which happens to be hosted on the same server as this
> mailing list). This is very particular behaviour, so to
> debug/workaround it I want to use an alternative mail client.

If you could make mutt work with this mailing list, would you still
need a different client?

> Suggestions? (I am guessing there will be a lot of Thunderbird
> suggestions, and I have not tried that yet. But there are other email
> clients, too.)

A combination of fetchmail and lumail (lumail.org) might work if you're
ok with using maildir instead of mbox.  mutt supports maildir.

I haven't had a need to try lumail yet, but it looks interesting.

- Chris