[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat May 10 16:38:38 EDT 2014

So I am having troubles posting email from Mutt to a particular
mailing list (which happens to be hosted on the same server as this
mailing list). This is very particular behaviour, so to
debug/workaround it I want to use an alternative mail client.

Here is the thing: I want this mail client to cooperate with Mutt's
mail files. I want this mail client to read the mail files (which I
think are in mbox format), save messages to the same files, and so on.
It should NOT want to create its own separate set of mail folders (or
if it wants to, then I should be able to dissuade it from doing so).
It should NOT convert my mail into a format that I won't be able to
use with Mutt later.

Ideally this mail client would be lightweight. It has to be able to
run on my Debian laptop. It has to be able to authenticate to my
POP/SMTP server (smtp.mail.yahoo.ca). It would be nice if I could
compose my emails in vim but this is not a requirement.

Suggestions? (I am guessing there will be a lot of Thunderbird
suggestions, and I have not tried that yet. But there are other email
clients, too.)

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org