[kwlug-disc] what is the perfect openWRT router?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 28 15:46:34 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM, CrankyOldBugger
<crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for that, Paul.
>
> As it is, the SPA2102 is no longer available from Cisco but you got me
> thinking along the right lines..
>
> I stumbled across Ooma.  These people sound very interesting.  $150-200 up
> front for hardware and number porting but then peanuts after that, if I
> understand the website correctly ($120/yr for the premium package)..

Initial costs are:

$130 if you buy the Telo device retail. $99 with referral (use LID7033, you
get $30 off, I get something, forgot what it was).
$40 one time for number porting, waived if you sign up for $10 a month
Premier for a year.

But the $10 does not include the $4 government fees (911).

So total monthly cost is $4 if you want to call Canada only, or $14 if you
want Canada and the USA (and all the goodies that come with Premier,
including a second number, which can be in a USA area code, email
notification of voicemail, ...etc.)
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.