[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT presentation?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 28 13:30:55 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 01:13:50PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:
>
> > My router running Tomato has been hanging and rebooting spontaneously
> > for the last few months, so I've been thinking of re-flashing with
> > OpenWRT.  You're just in time, Khalid!
> >

> Well, I don't know really how many talks are planned in advance. So it
> could be months before I can do the OpenWRT thing.
>
> I will wait for a representative from the shadowy cabal to contact me ...

Shadowy cabal[0] says: August is available. Should we book the entire
slot for OpenWRT and possibly Asterisk?

I personally am interested in Robert's question as well. We recently
went through the same exercise of finding a good OpenWRT-compatible
router to purchase, but got frustrated because there were few solid
recommendations (and solid recommendations were not that well
supported given hardware revisions). We ended up getting Mikrotik
routers, which in principle are OpenWRT-compatible but which in
practice we will use with the stock proprietary firmware (which
provides the features we would want out of the box). I do not know
that I am looking for detailed step-by-step instructions, but a few
solid recommendations of reliable routers that are well-supported
would be nice.

- Paul

[0] I presume this is the shadowy scheduling cabal, and not the
shadowy FLOSS Fund cabal.

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org