[kwlug-disc] OBD-II/OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 7 13:20:45 EST 2014

Start with knowing what the OBD code is, if there is one, and then Google
to see if it is something serious, or just a nuisance.

My car has a peculiar problem that appears only in winter, and with no
Check Engine, nor code in OBD. If I am in a hurry, the first few minutes
have less power when going uphill (like the regular route to school for the
kid), and tends to cut the engine if I press on the fuel pedal, with a
certain sound (not good at describing it). Once I drop the kid (3
minutes?), the drive back is normal, and so is most of the day.

No one could diagnose it, because it is only in winter, and only if they
drive uphill in the first 3 minutes after ignition is on.

The car passed emissions on the first try, so the above is a nuisance and
the workaround is to warm the car for the 3 minutes before driving uphill.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
wrong." -- H.L. Mencken