[kwlug-disc] How to choose a new motherboard

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 30 16:17:30 EDT 2014

Here's your answer: http://h-node.org

Oh wait that's not an answer at all. They don't list motherboards, and
the places that do (eg
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Hardware/Freest#Mainboards) obsess over
Coreboot support instead of what I actually care about.

Mostly my strategy has been to go on NewEgg and Amazon, look for
particular components, and search the reviews for the keyword "linux"
or "ubuntu" (or just read all the reviews with fewer than 5 stars). I
wish I had a better strategy.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org