[kwlug-disc] How to choose a new motherboard

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 30 00:57:42 EDT 2014

I found those comparison not very useful.  For example, when I was
searching for AMD motherboard, my option was Gigabyte and Asus.  They
had the same spec, but Gigabyte couldn't boot with all its PCIe slots
filled whereas Asus did.  No "comparison website" is going to test that.

On Intel side, the latest chipset is H97 and Z97.  Besides the usual
i3/i5/i7, there is Pentium/Celeron options.  AMD is a little cheaper,
and easier to choose (ie. less choice).
--
William