[kwlug-disc] KWLUG and CASL (and Mailman)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Jun 18 18:29:52 EDT 2014

Interesting.

We don't send to non-subscribers.

Wouldn't subscribing be consent to receive?

Particularly as there are unsubscription instructions with each message.
(I clicked the link - although the listowner- address is not listed,
there are e-mail addresses listed there. i.e. There is a complaint
pathway.) [Perhaps the listowner address should be listed there,
obfuscated?]

I suspect, in the end, 'enforcement' would be like By-Laws and many
other things - nothing pursued unless and until a complaint is received,
and that complaint must show a continued/repeated failure to unsubscribe
the complainant?

Would a 'list administrator code of conduct' blurb on the link be
useful? "We promise to unsubscribe you and not bother you if you so
express, and here's how you so express."? (Given whom we are, I doubt
any of us would want to inflict ourselves upon any who do not wish to be
so inflicted. We've all been there, done that, don't wish it on anyone
else? Whether they believe our statements - different beastie.)

No matter what we do there are always some who won't take yes for an answer.

And weirdos in the world.

Pretty sure some are within our ranks, even. (-: