[kwlug-disc] KWLUG and CASL (and Mailman)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Jun 18 15:18:45 EDT 2014

People can opt out any time they want, links are in each message. We do
not pursue them in any way.

None of this is commercial in the sense that the organization is
promoting anything in particular, except perhaps education and
awareness. Seldom is there every only but one (commercial) way offered -
even then, we're not the beneficiaries of any such transaction.

Nor are we paid to promote anything. I was going to say nor are we
sponsored ... but ... what if we were? e.g. Space. Pizza. Hmmm.

In the end, it's a hobbyists / enthusiasts group, not advocating
(non-free). We do have a snail-mail address, every such list does.
listowner something or other.

Any request to be removed we would honour.

IIRC a rejected reply comes back with whom to contact. (listowner)

Even if we charge membership, it would not be for purchase of a product.
I am minded of not being able to charge for a distribution, but can
charge a small fee for the media. Although perhaps not explicitly
stated, I would hope that no more than something similar would apply here.

Thanks for bringing this up, I didn't know it was out there.