[kwlug-disc] GUI Backup Software

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jun 12 18:11:27 EDT 2014

Let the filesystem do the encrypting, then?

Back to, let each element do what it does really, really, well, and
only? Backups do backups, encrypting filesystems do encrypting?

Or encrypt only upon going off to external media?

I suppose this demonstrates the value of tar, et al, again. Many files
into a single. For that matter, even rsync to temp, temp to tar
(encrypting)?

- no dispute, perhaps 'horribly' manual, and not the gui requested. But
like I said, the only thing worse than no backup is the corrupted
backup. At least you know you can't get the former back, but the latter
you'll spend endless hours trying to get what you can. (Many moving
parts, each a potential failure/unrecoverable point.)