[kwlug-disc] GUI Backup Software

zixiekat at gmail.com zixiekat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:58:32 EDT 2014

That is one problem I have had with backup in the past. I tend to stay away from solutions that create a single archive.   Windows backup is also like this.

I recently switched my parents computer to Mint 16. I backed up all their data manually, but out of curiosity I tried to open a few of the recent backups made with MS backup; two of the five I tried to open were corrupted.

I have two 2 TB drives in raid 1, with a USB backup, done with rsync.   I do not use the 'delete' option, so it just keeps everything.   The only downside is when files change, you aren't keeping the older versions, but at home, that's a rare thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.