[kwlug-disc] GUI Backup Software

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:54:01 EDT 2014

I was looking at web_bacula last night I am going to spin it up today.

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:01:13 -0400
From: crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
To: kwlug-disc at kwlug.org
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] GUI Backup Software

So you're looking for more of a pull solution as opposed to a push?  i.e. you want something on the server that reaches out to the headless Dells and requests the changed files, as opposed to installing a backup client on each Dell that pushes files up to the server.

In the Windows world I would recommend a NAS such as the Synology DiskStation (which goes around each night and polls each client), but that device depends on rsync for Linux client backups.

I'm not sure what to recommend for this now..