[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jun 10 15:47:38 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> On 14-06-10 03:15 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>>
>> If the computer monitor has HDMI input, you can play from the PVR to the
>> monitor directly as well.
>>

> Huh! Never knew that. Never occurred to me, either. Guess your monitor
> would have to have speakers. Or audio out?

Or maybe I am mistaken then ... forgot about the audio ...

There are adapters that converts micro HDMI to VGA + audio. I bought one on
eBay a while ago for $15 or less.

Looks like this one, which seems to be a regular HDMI:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1080P-HDMI-Male-to-VGA-Female-Adapter-Video-Converter-Cable-for-PC-DVD-HDTV-/141241971721?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item20e2ad7409

You plug it into the PVR, and to the monitor and speakers. But not sure
what resolution it will output.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.