[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Jun 10 01:28:31 EDT 2014

Thanks Khalid.

Would be interested to know if anything changes if you terminated the
splitter. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/cable-tv-coax-terminator/941326

And if you tightened up the connections a bit with a wrench. Things
changing with cable movement seems a bit goofy. e.g. Rabbit ear era
where you get the teenagers to stand there with one arm and leg
outstretched. (Good luck with that.)

For $48, it seems worth it for the tuner alone, vis a vis standalone
tuner costs. (If one's TV, like mine, doesn't have an ATSC tuner.) Take
the two channels one gets with a coat hanger, and run with it. [If not
ready to pursue to the extent you were motivated to.]

OTOH, something with Ethernet in would let you take advantage of the
web. (XBMC on a stick? With commercial skip and smaller compression
options, even? 6GB/hr seems like a lot - HD I'm guessing.) Or a netflix
box - if / should you ever be so interested. (Unless your TV already has
that?) [Let me guess - no netflix capable box has PVR ability?]

(I sure get though that Job 1 for you was Roger's equivalent so you
could kill that bill entirely.)