[kwlug-disc] OT:Cable Splitters/Rogers

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jun 9 13:55:58 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

> On 2014-06-09 12:49, unsolicited wrote:
>
>> OK, so digital service, never mind the analog comments.
>>

> I was avoiding this part of the conversation

I was amazed too because like unsolicited, I thought this is digital, and
it is an all or nothing thing. But I saw it in front of my eyes: some
channels will degrade because of a marginal connections, while others will
be fine. On the same cable, cable box, and TV.

Contrary to what we would think as common sense, but there is sense to it
further down in the stack.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.