[kwlug-disc] OT:Cable Splitters/Rogers

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:45:29 EDT 2014

Not a Linux question but since there are so many with a solid knowledge of cable tech I thought I'd ask a couple of questions around cable TV.

>From the source feed we have a 3 way splitter (it's possible it could have been the one the Rogers tech put in when we had their bundle TV/Internet/Phone). We only have TV now and I've noticed terrible pixelation on channel 16, the weather network. What are the chances it's the splitter? The source cable is too short to reach the TV 2 feet in front (it barely comes out of the wall).

I moved our cordless phone away but that didn't seem to help. (Read on forums that it could be part of the problem, but seems weird since it's shielded cable isn't it?)

Thinking my wife isn't too happy with the TV service anyway so we'll probably end up moving off it, but interested in why 1 channel would be pixelated while others are fine.
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.