[kwlug-disc] Vortexbox 2.3 Install Failures

John Driezen jdriezen at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 7 03:43:09 EDT 2014

Vortexbox 2.3 has been released.  It is based on Fedora 20.  I have
attempted to install Vortexbox 2.3 several times on old Pentium 4
systems.  After installing the first 350 packages, the install reboots
and freezes at the BIOS screen.  My problem is identical to the one
described in post #8 at
http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/help/54325-install-vb-2-3 in the
vortexbox forums.  Has anyone else had any luck with Vortexbox 2.3 on
older hardware?  As a footnote, I have Vortexbox 2.3 successfully
running in Oracle's VM Virtualbox on a dual core Pentium-D system with 4
GB of RAM.

John Driezen
jdriezen at sympatico.ca