[kwlug-disc] Cable internet providers

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Thu Jun 5 15:02:42 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-05 14:18, unsolicited wrote:
> I expect the biggest problem is inter-city links to other cities /
> backbones, building out the glass (fibre).

Showing my age I can say it was the same thing for the transition to T1
& T3 back in the day.
I came in to telecom after the FDM exercise (left as a Wikipedia
exercise) and started with the the rural shift to T1 - subscriber carrier.
I was aware of the work going on at the CO - CO levels (Class 5 to Class
5 and Class 5 to Class 4).
But my work was in the subscriber loop and extension of the same using T1.
(Groups of up to 128 subs multiplexed on a T1 and extended to the boonies.)

Other T1 experts may challenge me on the 128 and say it should be a 24
or 48 or 96. But No, it was 128 on T1.
And 32 channels at that. Not 24.

John J