[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Jul 18 01:00:08 EDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 10:11 PM, unsolicited wrote:
> Yes, but as the article notes, there is no guarantee that the API
> won't change underneath you
We've already had that for as long as I can remember.

I've had configuration and data files change format and/or location
during upgrades, default settings altered, etc.. I'm talking about
"standard" components like samba, grub, xorg, etc.

Saying that systemd might one day change isn't a good enough reason to
not use it.

--
Chris Irwin