[kwlug-disc] Switching Jobs from Debian Shop to RHEL?

Tim Laurence timdaman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 13:58:02 EDT 2014

I have jumped between them several times in professional carer. I haven't
found the transition difficult. My biggest issues have been
   Where the logs are
   How to configure networking(This is a very big difference)
   The focus on su and remote root rather than sudo.
   What is included in the standard package repositories

Regarding the last point take a peek at EPEL.

I pretty much always fell at home. Certainly if they are using the packaged
RHEL solutions (rather than just the base distro) you may have some catch
up as you figure out what things are called and where to poke at them.

Good luck and congratulations.
--Tim

--Tim