[kwlug-disc] gnucash presentation?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:43:23 EST 2014

I was going to say... dedicated programs like Quicken or GnuCash are really
just very specialized databases.  A spreadsheet is limited in how it can
present the data to you, whereas a good database can be manipulated until
the cows come home.
Spreadsheets are fine if you have limited analytical needs, but to really
dig down and figure out where the money's going, you need a database to do
the heavy lifting for you.