[kwlug-disc] Tomorrow's presentation; A Geekly Bribe!
bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jan 6 00:33:37 EST 2014
> If you want to reschedule, I suspect the group would be receptive to
> that as we are not in the business of imperiling speakers or
I am receptive to rescheduling, but I will be foolish enough to come in
if it's on for Monday.
I was foolish enough to be travelling to Toronto and back tonight -- the
worst driving was on the 401 between Toronto and Guelph. Rural roads
from Guelph to Elmira were practically bare.
Digimer: Where are you travelling from? I had this vague idea that you'd
moved to the KW area recently...
On 14-01-05 10:51 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 05/01/14 10:29 PM, L.D. Paniak wrote:
>> On 01/05/2014 09:40 PM, Digimer wrote:
>>> I'm not sure how the weather will play out on tomorrow's
>>> meeting. If the roads are dangerous, I'd be perfectly fine
>>> rescheduling. Not worth anyone getting into an accident, of
>>> course. :)
>>> If the talk is on though, I thought I'd try to bribe those
>>> sitting on the fence about whether to come or not. Thanks to our
>>> vendors, we've got some pretty awesome hardware for the demo
>>> tomorrow. Here's a sneak peak:
>>> It is, thus far, the fastest Anvil! we've built. Synchronously
>>> replicated storage reliably clocking ~835 MB/sec. I know I am all
>>> biased and stuff, but it's a pretty sweet setup and I am looking
>>> forward to showing it off tomorrow.
>>> If anyone wants to come with some questions, the talk's goal
>>> will be to introduce:
>>> Obviously, we'll only be getting a high-level view, simply out of
>>> time. So here's a chance to take a peak at it early and come with
>>> any questions. I'm hoping that the talk will be about 50% demo,
>>> 50% Q&A.
>>> See you all (hopefully) tomorrow!
>> Thanks for the trailer! I am certainly looking forward to
>> tomorrow's meeting - though I may ask pesky questions about the
>> comparative advantages and disadvantages of other (distributed)
>> redundant storage systems.
>> As far as I know, the meeting is still on for tomorrow and I plan
>> on being there as host. The weather outlook does not look very
>> positive: 40km/h+ wind, flurries and -18C tomorrow evening. If
>> you want to reschedule, I suspect the group would be receptive to
>> that as we are not in the business of imperiling speakers or
>> attendees. In any case, the list will make any strong feelings on
>> this point known shortly!
>> Cheers, Lori
> Safety comes first.
> With that understood; I may have a hard time rescheduling. I've got
> a lot of travel in the near future. So, personally, if it's possible
> to attend safely, I will be there. If the safety is questionable, I
> am fine rescheduling, too. I'll wait to hear from KWLUG folks and let
> you guys make the call.
> As for question, please bring them. I will say that if we drift too
> far off topic, I might request folks hold off until after the
> presentation. We could even grab a coffee after if the presentation
> location has to close up.
> See you then (hopefully)!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 263 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the kwlug-disc