[kwlug-disc] Cutting the cord

Chris chris at bloxham.me.uk
Tue Feb 25 16:25:07 EST 2014

I’m new to Canada so investigated a lot of options once I saw how much you guys have to pay for TV here.

I’m currently using PLEX Media server (https://plex.tv/) with various internet plugins for TV stations around the world (BBC, CNN, CBC, ABC) + unblock-us.com + dvblink PLEX plugin (http://dvblogic.com/en/) for live terrestrial TV but I only get 4 stations in Waterloo, but I also recently gave in a bought an IPTV box from zazeen.com but its a monthly charge I can leave anytime.

Still figuring out my long term solution though, my terrestrial TV antenna is a small thing stuck to the inside of a window, not going out side to put up an aerial in this weather :)