[kwlug-disc] K-W Cable Internet / TV alternatives - 2014 redux.

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Feb 25 15:09:23 EST 2014

I've gotten grumpy about Rogers. Again. Multiple recent price increases,
device rental cost doubling ...

Seems to me the go to alternative for me was Acanac.

Something appears to have happened in 'the world' such that more cable
providers are out there than there were before. ATPIA? (Whatever the
ramifications of that are.)

I've come across VMedia, now, $25 basic TV (vs $40 Acanac/Zazeen), and
$40 basic internet (vs $50 Acanac). $65 vs $90 vs $115 (Rogers).

I see the VMedia TOS (like Acanac's) are free and open. No restrictions
on things like servers as is present in the Rogers TOS.

Others?

Anyone with any opinions experiences with these others? (Past Acanac
threads have noted service is fine, once connected.)