[kwlug-disc] Anyone know how to set up DNSSEC?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Feb 6 01:53:07 EST 2014

FWIW ... it has been pointed out that you can fire up server, and add
kde, <cough>, er, gnome, if you like. Apparently somewhat less resource
consuming done that way.

The reverse is also true - just because you've loaded a 'gui' os,
doesn't mean you always have to run the gui. And if remote x is set up,
you can still run headless and connect that way the odd time you need to.

GUI's = GOOD! (Some times?)

Even as a budding sysadmin, even without a gui, webmin can be helpful
some times. Can give you a nice overall picture to the unfamiliar
ecosystem. And let you sink into 'one set of conf things' at a time.
When done, turn the service off if you like.

Over time / with each machine you'll depend / need / want the GUI less
and less. It doesn't have to be ... tomorrow!

A good example of this sort of philosophy is OpenWRT. A web interface to
get you going fast, ssh and command line when you're ready.