[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Keefer Rourke keefer.rourke at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 07:19:30 EST 2014

On 12 December 2014 at 00:15, B. S. <bs27975 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Use cheese. (Seems to be a common touchstone out there / when people
> diagnosing / testing webcams. Not that cheese is a diagnostic / debugging
> tool, merely that people frequently say "cheese says ..." "but when I try
> to use {xyz} ...")

I would argue that Cheese is kind of a large program. If you'd like a more
lightweight alternative, GUVCview does the trick for me. As far as I know,
it has all the basic features of Cheese, but doesn't ship with a ton of
useless filters, etc. Plus it uses GTK, so it'll blend pretty nicely into
your desktop environment.

http://guvcview.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Keefer