[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:41:43 EST 2014

Paul I keep a couple of Linux-compatible web-cams in the CR Repair closet
(for the repair database photos). Got the message about QSC converter box.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 09:47:50AM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
> > > Does anybody have a full HDMI to mini-HDMI cable? (Do such things even
> > > exist?)
> >
> > Yes, they do. I have one.
> >
> > I am dropping off the heat gun Friday in the afternoon. If you are
> > available, I can bring the tablet and micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and
> > test the VGA output box.
>
> I will try to be around and available, but I am running around a bit.
> Charles and others: If I am not around then the converter box is at
> the Queen Street Commons with the other A/V equipment.
> Feel free to test it out.
>
> Khalid: bring the mini-HDMI to full-HDMI cable so we can test.
>
> We can look for a webcam as well. This would probably not be as nice,
> but with an auxiliary laptop we should be able to make it work.
>
> - Paul
>
> --
> http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,
Project Manager: The Working Centre Computer Recycling Project
Web: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux