[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Mon Dec 8 17:07:26 EST 2014

 On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 16:22:48 -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
 wrote:
> The only issue with this tablet is "media/data errors", so that
> points
> to the flash memory with high certainty. Reflowing that chip only is
> worth the effort though.

 If you have identified one suspect component, both physically and
 through its behaviour, then using a hot air solder pencil may be
 advisable of the use of a heat gun or, worse, an oven. The hot air
 solder pencil has a much narrower focus allowing the hot air to be
 directed to a smaller area like that around a single component.

 I do not know whether Kwartzlab has one you or someone else can help
 you with but it is worth a shout-out to them.

 Google: solder air pencil : turned up a few hits including at least one
 You Tube video.

 JohnJ