[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Dec 7 10:22:02 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Gordon Dey <gordon.dey at happydeys.ca> wrote:

> On 14-12-06 08:30 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> [edit]
>> or using a heat gun (don't know what that is).
>
> A heat gun is an industrial version of a home hair-dryer. Except the
> intent is careful control of air currents that are hot enough to melt
> solder on a circuit board, or to peel old paint off of furniture.
>
> Expensive heat guns come with an array of component-shape-specific
> air-dams to make sure that components are shielded from the heat while
> melting the solder.
>
> Does that help?
> Gord

Yes, it helps a lot.

And convinces me more that it is not something I can do/try.

If someone has one, and willing to spare some time to try helping with
this. I appreciate it very much. The tablet is not working and will be
on Kijiji for parts. So the heat gun method cannot make it worse.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.