[kwlug-disc] Kobo Arc 10 (Was: e-Readers -> e-Libraries)

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Dec 6 17:53:20 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM, B. S. <bs27975 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Interesting. A quick google gave me a hit at xda indicating it's rootable.

Rootable, but not romable. Means you are stuck with the version that
comes with it and can't upgrade to later releases.

> How do these specs compare vis a vis other wi-fi / non-cell / non-usb 10" tablets?

The screen resolution is one of the best out there. It does lack an SD
card though.

It is cheap for the specs, but it is a dead end product. No support,
no upgrades.

> i.e. Is this a more affordable / cheaper 10" Android entry instead of $430 for a Nexxus 9, or is one just going to be disappointed at this Kobo's performance if it's being looked at as a cheaper nexus alternative?

I bought it to try it out. If it is fast enough as a tablet, then I
will keep it. Otherwise, I return it.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.