[kwlug-disc] Cross platform, cross-protocol messaging client

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 4 12:18:08 EST 2014

You can interface with Google Talk through many clients, but you will
not have Hangout video/audio capabilities.

Skype is a proprietary protocol and to my knowledge was never fully
supported for voice on any of the open clients.

Since the other parties you are connecting to are already on these
services, alternative protocols are seldom an option.