[kwlug-disc] need a new router -- which one?

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:05:31 EST 2014

I set my girlfriends router to auto, but later when I was checking I was able to see 10 access points from her living room, and all but two were on channel 11 including hers. It may be worth the time to start on channel one and run a speedtest.net, then channel 2 then 3 on up through all of them. There is often interference from other devices that can't be seen like microwave ovens and such.