[kwlug-disc] Productivity Suites, calendars, and contacts

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Dec 2 15:05:44 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Nick Guenther <nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> what doesn't exist well for Android is a
> simple file sync implementation.
> There's Dropbox, but the open source
> clones were broken last I looked; I would
> really rather just use rsync.

If all you need is to copy files from the phone to a server, e.g.
pictures that you take, then there is a free app that I have been used
for a couple of years, after it was mentioned here on this very list.

It is called FolderSync, and can sync to many cloud services. But, the
way I use it over SFTP (which is really just SSH), and sync to a
folder on my server, only on WiFi, and only when the phone is
connected to A/C power. It can sync both ways or one way.

Never needed to shuffle files anymore via SD card or other ways. If
you do, then "File Manager" can browse the SD card and local storage
and can sync to the network (via SSH again.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.