[kwlug-disc] Waterloo ISPs

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:04:35 EDT 2014

I'm thinking of moving from TekSavvy to VMedia.  Does anyone here have any
experience with them?

Basically my current TS package is $65 for 29d/1u unlimited.  It's an older
package.  TS will offer 60d/10u unlimited for $95, which is a bit much for
me.

VMedia, on the other hand, has the same 60d/10u unlimited for $65.  So I
could essentially double my down speed and 10x my up speed for the same
money.

Of course, this sounds too good to be true to me.  So I was wondering if
anyone has had any good or bad experiences with this company, or can
recommend another local provider that they're happy with?

Thanks!