[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 19 22:49:16 EDT 2014

Yet, as you noted Debian chose it.

So, from a 10k level, I don't understand how to square the circles.

Many times there is an efficiency of coding and design from taking all
of the moving part, evolving design elements, and refactoring it into a
more 'linear' less-cruft, single system. Not saying as a behemoth it
doesn't bring it's own baggage and different problems into the mix,
merely the refactoring.

So, given Debian's choice ... the reverse is ultimately like true?
systemd achieves/d the efficiencies above, but in time is likely to get
broken down into component parts to reacquire the elements discussed
below and currently lost?