[kwlug-disc] [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: OpenWRT

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Thu Aug 14 11:53:09 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-14 11:32, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> There is a myriad of other options, like USB. If you find something
> interesting, please share it.

I do not know about the chipsets in the various routers or about
available OperWRT apps but I took note of a question Mon eve about the
temperature of the router.

After my 10 year old desktop running the other OS shut down once or
twice due to a over temperature alarm (as reported by the bios) I
downloaded an app which will read the temperature from the sensors built
into the chipset. On hot days w/o ac I use manually the app to check the
temperature. (This summer there have not been too many hot days.)

JohnJ