[kwlug-disc] [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: OpenWRT

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Aug 14 11:32:52 EDT 2014

Another thing I did not  mention in the presentation is the LEDs on the
router.

Most routers have LEDs that can be configured from LuCI (System -> LEDs),
but it is not obvious what all the selections are, and the same LED has
more than one color, ...etc.

Initially I did not bother configuring the LEDs, but got to it the other
day after the presentation. I assigned one LED (the planet green for eth0.2
[WAN port] receive, planet amber to eth0.2 send), and it flickers amber and
green with traffic.

Other things you can assign is the phy0 (Wifi 2.4GHz) or phy1 (Wifi 5GHz),
each has an rx (receive) and tx (transmit) state. So

There is a myriad of other options, like USB. If you find something
interesting, please share it.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.