[kwlug-disc] Multi-bay docks ... 1 at a time??? [Was: Re: Linux-compatible eSATA expansion cards]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 5 22:38:29 EDT 2014

Ah. No wonder I couldn't find the messages ... it wasn't a dock / USB 3
test.

I thought (most scenarios?) even if an SSD 'goes' it will likely stay
readable, if not writable?

i.e. No reason not to use it, just not where failure is going to leave
you high and dry until you get to the store to replace (and copy) it?

Don't want to say backups (seems sledgehammer), might say in the dock,
but can see why you wouldn't trust it as you main laptop drive. Failure,
even if only to read only, would ruin your day. If only for the day.