[kwlug-disc] Rogers Hybrid Fibre plans

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:33:51 EDT 2014

We're still on Rogers for TV despite the fact I managed to get Colombian TV via XBMC, it's the last Rogers service we have though. We should have completely cancelled six years ago when Rogers gave us a BS line about never having made an appointment to transfer our line when we moved (there were two of us on the line for the transfer order for that very reason - the lesson was get the person's name and Rogers I'd number). Because we had the full phone+TV+Internet we didn't have a phone for, get this, 3 weeks!

I was totally infuriated, but my significant other wanted to keep them - so we did for a time....

Then they dropped the GB cap on the plan from 60 to 20 and sent us a rather large bill. They prewarned they were doing it, but not until a month after the bill. We paid the bill and dropped both the Internet and phone (and saved roughly $70/month). I still remember when we called in to cancel, they weren't apologetic and in fact said "this only affects 2 percent of our customer base). So I told lots of people and I'm sure the other 2 percent told lots of people.

Now I see they have people scouring blogs trying to do damage control.

I remember when Rogers first moved into Barrie, On and took over Shaw Cable. Shaw worked amaing for us, when Rogers took over the Internet service was extremely, and I mean extremely slow.

The sad part is that cable is easier to set up for most new computer users, so we sometimes end up recommending them for that single reason.

Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Sent from my cell phone.