[kwlug-disc] Loss of Huether, Paul's fault - NONSENSE! [Was: Creative Mornings]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Apr 26 17:30:44 EDT 2014

On 14-04-26 04:42 PM, Paul Nijjar wrote:

> If there is a shared understanding that everybody will purchase
> food/drinks, then sometimes restaurants and bars are amenable to
> meetings. We tried this for a while when we lost 43 Queen Street and
> met at the Huether Hotel instead, but it did not work out (which was
> largely my fault).

NONSENSE!

Huether didn't work out because of unrealistic expectations, on both
sides I expect. On our side, that we would order more, and get good
service (which all but meant a dedicated waitress). On their side by not
setting amount expectations to us up front, expecting the dedicated
waitress would bring in amounts desired (contradicting with getting
service at all), and most of all ... changing the undefined and
uncommunicated rules on us after the fact.

They wanted more, we couldn't give it to them, they pushed us out into
unsuitable space for a meeting, and we gave up on them in disgust.

But, in the end, Huether bought us time to figure things out after the
loss of 43 Queen St. For which I'm grateful.

Along the way, we found a new home, and established a backup location in
a pinch.

Paul's fault? Nonsense.

C'est la vie.