[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:58:52 EDT 2014

On Wed 16 Apr 2014 12:30:26 PM EDT, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM, <zixiekat at gmail.com
> <mailto:zixiekat at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think one of the largest factors in me getting stations from
>     Toronto, is Baden tower is directly between my house and toronto.
>     And being only 4km away, CKCO interferes.

The Baden tower is VHF, while all the CN tower stations are UHF (except
CTV).  Your best bet would be to massively attenuate VHF signals with a
high-pass filter. I have a UHF/VHF combiner that you could borrow to
test. They are about 10 bucks, and you can just leave the VHF tap
unconnected or connected to a short wire to ensure that nearly all of
CKCO's signal is blocked.

-Jason