[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS localhost* and internet fail - where to start^h^h^h^h^h continue?

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat Apr 12 18:30:52 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-12 18:16, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> $ wget --server-response -O /dev/null localhost

The response is as you describe, i.e. OK.

>     8) FF: w/address "localhost/index.php" (or any of the expected
>     test/info pages) returns a 404 "Not Found" error
>

> First create a test.txt file and put in it a few words.
> Put it in /var/www and make it 644.

I have various test files at /var/www and cannot access any with FF:
http://localhost/<filename>.
Each attempt returns the 404 error.

Hence my assumptions re: localhost mapping done by the new installation
of apache.

Thanks for the direction to look at: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled

JohnJ