[kwlug-disc] Heartbleed affected sites

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Apr 12 12:51:16 EDT 2014

Heartbleed extracted whatever happened to be in memory at the time. That
can be passwords or hashes or anything else.

It is non-specific, but a determined attacker can potentially glean some
info with persistence.

Also, because the attacker does not need to complete a connection that
would be logged (e.g. HTTP, ...etc.), this makes the attacks untraceable
with the usual logs (e.g. web server).

This is what makes it scary: potential information disclosure, and non
traceablility.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal