[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS localhost* and internet fail - where to start^h^h^h^h^h continue?

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Fri Apr 11 07:49:01 EDT 2014

 On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:03:40 -0400, Chris Craig <kwlug.org at ciotog.net>
 wrote:
> What does the following return (and here I'm violating my "generic"
> rule)?
> sudo service apache2 restart

 johnj at LinuxPC:~$ sudo service apache2 restart
 [sudo] password for johnj:
  * Restarting web server apache2
 [fail]
  * The apache2 configtest failed.
 Output of config test was:
 env: apache2ctl: No such file or directory
 johnj at LinuxPC:~$

 johnj at LinuxPC:~$ telnet localhost 80
 Trying 127.0.0.1...
 johnj at LinuxPC:~$

 Looks like apache needs a rebuild.
 I am busy elsewhere.
 And will defer work on repairing apache until next week.

 But before I embark on these repairs I am considering putting apache
 under Git.
 I want to be able to capture and save my current apache configuration
 in case this is lost in any rebuild.

 I know. I know. There is something about shutting the barn door after
 the horse is gone.

 Thoughts? Suggestions?

 Thanks
 JohnJ