[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS localhost* and internet fail - where to start^h^h^h^h^h continue?

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Thu Apr 10 16:03:40 EDT 2014

This is a bit more generic as far as determining whether something is
listening on port 80:
sudo netstat -tunlp | grep :80
The web server could potentially be httpd, lighttpd, nginx, miniserv,
etc. Not likely on Ubuntu 12.04 but not impossible either (and I
always believe in covering specific cases generically when possible).

What does the following return (and here I'm violating my "generic" rule)?
sudo service apache2 restart