[kwlug-disc] TV Listings? (zap2it prettified into uselessness)

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Apr 7 22:33:50 EDT 2014

That change in the web site also struck me as really stupid.
It is less functional than the previous one in many way.

But to be brief, here is the solution:

Use this link: http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do

You get the old layout back ...

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:31 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> May be off-topic ... except it was here that I learned about zap2it.com.
>
> The twits have now recently gone and prettified up their web site into
> uselessness.
>
> I used to be able to hit 'this week' (and 'next week') and get a schedule
> (favourite shows and channels only, even), by which to program the PVR /
> make sure they haven't mucked with the schedule (YET AGAIN!). GONE!
>
> Anyone have alternative web sites with tv listings, at least by week,
> narrowed by favourite (available) channels, favourite (designated) shows,
> and provider (Rogers - Grand River, non-digital, although tvpassport lists
> one as 'digital' and the other as 'digital - digital')?
>
> I've come across tvpassport.com (does as much as zap2it now), and various
> sites that lead to it. And http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/tv/listings -
> but that doesn't even bring up a grid (but had favourite shows).
>
> Nothing that suits the given criteria. Suggestions?
>
> (Offline a candidate too, I just don't know of any.)

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
wrong." -- H.L. Mencken