[kwlug-disc] Big Brother Insurance Company?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Apr 6 16:16:29 EDT 2014

Bothered, yes. Anything to be done about it, no.

People will take it to save a buck. The masses will ignore sense. I
expect it will preserve more insurance company profit than it will ever
save the consumer.

Never mind the biggest cause of costs is unpursued fraud, and health
care fraud. Cheaper for insurance companies to pay than to prosecute.
How about a fine to insurance companies for not prosecuting.

Opt-in or no, which is a fantasy, it will become the norm.

I wouldn't call myself an aggressive driver, but I would say assertive.
However, they would bump up my rates based on my driving, despite my
disagreement with their criteria.

I expect the biggest cause of accidents is people being unpredictable. I
can live with and work around people doing predictable / expected things
- it's when they don't that they cause aggravation. Like not taking
their right of way / getting on with it. Take it / go / get out of my
way. I hate those people.

Hold on to your hats ... no doubt Glenn will chime in soon. (And
rightly, justifiably so.)